Monday, January 23, 2006

trevor's trip

We picked up Trevor from the airport yesterday. He had a really nice visit with his family in Utah. I guess he sang at Grandpa Grant's funeral, and stayed with Grandma Gladys for about 4 hours the next day. She gave him one of Grandpa Grant's pocket knives, which he appreciated as a nice remembrance. Trevor was also able to spend some nice time with his brother and was there for Papasan's birthday party, so I think it was a nice weekend for him.
We had dinner last night with the Daniel family. They are very nice. Kara Daniel and I are going to start a home preschool for the kids next Monday morning. Should be fun!
I don't want to go back to work! I'm in denial about it. I know that realistically for our budget I should start teaching soon, but I am just loving the more relaxed family time. I feel like a much better mother--able to help the kids with chores, responsiblities, have their friends over to play, spend more time reading to them and playing games, sit down with Ginny to have some "learning" times, music classes, etc. Our house is better in order, too. The after school time is so much more relaxed. I guess I'm hoping for a miracle so I won't have to go back to work.

No comments: