Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sunny day!

Honestly, I can't even believe that it is January. It was over 60 degrees again today, and we played outside this morning and then took a walk around the neighborhood. This afternoon we walked to the bus stop to pick up Emily and Max and then played outside again for a little while. Max was finally able to start school today. His teacher, Mrs. Carter, seemed nice, and he made friends with a girl named Claire. Quite the little ladies man. Max is pretty easy-going about most things and makes adjustments pretty well. Now that the kids are finally getting over their sicknesses, it's me who is getting sick. I've got a sore throat and cough starting. Ick!
Today was actually a really nice day. It was nice to be back to "normal"--just Sam and Ginny at home--and since I've made a lot of progress in the unpacking and work of making the transition--we were able to read books, play outside, do laundry, and then while they watched a movie in the afternoon, I unpacked the toy room. They thought it was fun to rediscover all of their toys--especially the new ones from Christmas that they didn't have much chance to play with before they got packed up.
It was a nice day for Sam and Ginny, too. I could tell they were glad to get more attention from me again.

No comments: