Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sam and Ginny, and family pics





Last night, I had been helping Emily with some 4-H projects, and Sam came up to me and said, "Mom, you have a buzz lightyear chin!" I couldn't figure out what he meant. But then Emily started laughing, too, and said, "Mom, you really do have a Buzz Lightyear chin." So, upon inspection, I discovered that I did indeed have a little purple swirl of marker right under my chin, just like the toy, Buzz Lightyear. It was funny. Then later, we had been talking about how Emily used to run around the living room singing "Ashes, Ashes, Ashes...." (from ring around the rosie)so Emily had to demonstrate for Ginny. So now, it's Ginny who is running around the living room singing "Ashes" all the time. Ginny reminds me so much of Emily at that age. ginny also got hold of one of Max's Tae Kwon Do belts yesterday, and had Trevor put it on her. She then pranced around the living room, kicking her feet at saying, "Ai ya!"
The 4-H projects are almost done. We just have to iron Emily's skirt today and then make the Danish cookies. Whew! The fair should be fun, and then I'm hoping to just coast through and enjoy the last few weeks of summer.

I'm attaching a few of the family pictures that Emily used in her project.
She made a really great family history tree. Anna Christine Anderson Fonnesbeck (my great-grandmother). Charles Neilson (Little Grandpa--Trevor's great-grandfather with his two children--little Tutu--Maurine Allen) Alice F. Gardner (my grandmother, Nana, with baby Emily) Sharon Ellis with baby Emily (my mother)

No comments: