Monday, August 22, 2005

8/20





Two more days and school starts. I'm a little sad, actually. I'm really going to miss having Emily and Max at home. Ginny and Sam love having the older kids home to play with. Emily is a big help to me. Things will be a little quieter, which will be nice in a way, but I'm going to miss the kids. Emily and I had so much fun on Saturday when we went to Chicago with her friend Amy and Amy's mom. We packed a lunch and went to the American Girl store, where we were absolutely in little girl heaven. The girls had a hard time deciding how to spend their money! It was a little overwhelming, but loads of fun! We went to the American girl broadway-style show, which was darling--good singing and a nice story about a group of friends who act out stories from the American girl books. I know Emily and Amy really loved it. Emily bought the Josefina doll, which she has been saving for for a long time. And she bought Josefina's weaving outfit. Now her doll Felicity and Josefina can dress like each other. And, this morning Emily came upstairs dressed Josefina/style herself, and wanted me to braid her hair like her doll. She looked pretty in the skirt that we made together last week, a white blouse and rebozo from one of her scarves.
Last night when I was singing to Max as we put him to bed, he said to me, "Mommy, I want to tuck you in bed tonight and read you a story, so come and wake me up when you are ready to go to bed. " Cute!

No comments: