Friday, August 19, 2005

Birthday boy









WEll, today was a really busy day. WE got up early to get ready for a garage sale. The kids worked hard, both in cleaning, setting up, and managing the sale. I was proud of Emily and Max for working so hard. Max was quite the lemonade salesman. Emily did great making change and helping people find things. They didn't make a ton of money--about $12 each, but that's quite a bit of money for a kid. So I think it was a success.
then, we had a birthday party for Sam. It kind of stressed me out to get ready for it--cleaning up, preparing games, making cake etc. but it was worth it because SAm had a lot of fun. As he helped me make the cake, put up balloons etc. I could see that he was really pleased that all of this attention was for him. I had made capes and super hero masks for all the little boys, and we played super-hero games. Saving the world and all that. I think they all had fun. But now I'm completely exhausted.
Whew!

No comments: