Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Sold!

We sold our house this weekend! What a relief! It was a a good offer for the price we need, no contingencies, and the closing date is right after school gets out. Whew! We have been greatly blessed. I know the Lord has been mindful of us as we make this transition, and we feel so grateful for all the divine and earthly help we have received. We received the offer as I was on my way back from a weekend trip to Illinois. We had a great time there visiting our friends. Emily stayed with her friend Lily and also visited with her friends Amy and Andrea. The boys and I stayed with the Wheelers, and enjoyed a visit with the Vazquez family and a nice trip to the Discover museum to see lots of friends there. The highlight for me was a dinner at a local Thai restaurant with 10 of my dear friends from Normal. We had a good laugh, caught up on the news, and tasted some really delicious food. I'm going to miss all of these ladies. David Wheeler watched the boys so Julie and I could have this ladies night out, so we were very grateful. On Saturday, we visited Mado and her girls, had a quick visit with the Ringers, and were able to see my cousin Genny and her one week old sweet baby girl. It was a lot of visiting, and the kids grew tired toward the end, but we had a great time, and I'm really glad we made the trip.

Easter was absolutely lovely and quiet at home. We had a visit from the Easter bunny, dyed eggs, hunted eggs in the backyard, and had a simple easter dinner. Church was lovely, and reminded me of the importance of showing gratitude to the Savior every day for the blessing of His atonement.

Now we are back to handling all the details for our move. Reserving trucks, ordering tools, making information packets, switching insurance, etc., etc., etc. One day at a time, one detail at a time, things are coming together. I'm also planning a surprise trip for all of us this weekend to spend some quality time with Trevor before he leaves us. More on that later...

i've got a bunch of pictures to post of our visit to Normal, Max's birthday, the Wheeler's visit here in St. Louis, etc. If only I could find the cable I need to download the pictures onto the computer!

No comments: