Thursday, April 19, 2007

missing mom

I was going through some papers today, and found a bunch of letters that mom had written right before she died, as well as the letter I wrote to her and the talk I gave at her funeral. There was a lovely tribute written by the teachers she worked with at the middle school. Anyway, I sat there reading them and found myself weeping. I was missing her so much...thinking about how she would have loved all the grandkids, how she would have driven me crazy worrying about us starting our own business, how she would have just loved me and let me call her with any trouble or joy. Sam found me crying, and he came over and just put his arms around me. Sweet boy! He has a tender heart. I ended up calling my Dad to talk about mom for a little while, and it was nice. We were remembering all the fun stories about her. It helped me to know how much he still misses her, too.

Taking care of a lot of business details today. Insurance, advertising, signs, etc. So many details!

No comments: