Friday, December 01, 2006

snow!

We had the real thing today....snow! The kids were so excited. I woke up to.....mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, can you tie my boots? where are my mittens? is this coat warm enough? mom, mom, mom, get up!!!! Needless to say, before I was barely awake this morning I was donning my gloves and scarf, and out we went. We had a great time sledding, making snow angels, playing follow the leader, etc. Even Emily came out to join the fun. We played for awhile in the morning and then went back "out into the winter" in the afternoon. (That's a Sam quote.) With the kids home, I just gave up on my clean house and we enjoyed the winter break. We can clean up tomorrow. I'll promise the kids that if they get their chores done in the morning we can put up the Christmas tree in the afternoon.

The down side of the winter storm was that a lot of St. Louis got hit pretty hard with the ice storm and so a lot of power lines went down. We were lucky there and didn't lose our power. But it's no fun to lose power in this cold weather.

No comments: