Thursday, November 30, 2006

Snow Day!

Got an automated call from the supintendent this morning saying there was no school today because of weather. So the kids have been home driving me crazy...actually there were some good moments. We baked a cake, played board games, and painted some Christmas ornaments. This afternoon we got another call from the school district, so it looks like tomorrow is a snow day, too!

Spent the first half of this week laid up from injuring my back this past weekend. We cleaned out our garage so we could park in it again (and not a moment too soon!) and I guess I must have lifted something wrong because all day Sunday and Monday I was in excruciating pain. Could barely walk or even roll over. Then Wednesday when I was feeling a bit better but still moving a little slow, poor little Sam woke up vomiting. The poor guy spent about 4 hours sitting on the toilet and holding a bucket at the same time. I hope no one else gets it. So far so good. Sam seems recovered, but I'm scared of that terrible virus that my sister's kids got. It had recurring symptoms for 2 weeks...just when you think you're better a new wave hits you. Disaster! I hope that's not what Sam had.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....
Love the Christmas carols the most!

No comments: