Monday, April 10, 2006

Preschool

We had preschool at our house this morning, and though it was a little bit crazy as usual, I think it went pretty well. We're doing the 5 senses, and today we did the sense of hearing. We learned about sound vibrations, and our ears, played instruments, and made an easter craft. The weather was good, so we played outside and had a picnic lunch.
Saturday I had a nice day--I went to the temple early in the morning, and then attended the RS stake service day at the stake center. I made a shopping trip to Aldi, and came home. Then Trevor and I went to a concert for a group called Tempest in the evening. The concert was held at a small theatre that probably only seats 100 people called the Focal Point. The music was great! Folk music from around the world with a great rock beat. We had so much fun! Ticket prices were reasonable too, so I think we'll try to go there again. The group was really interesting because the fiddle player was from California, the mandolin player was from Iceland, the bass player from Austria, the guitar player from Ireland, and the drummer from Cuba. Talk about an eclectic group!

No comments: