Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter






We had a really nice EAster weekend. Beautiful weather, that was so Hot on Thursday and Friday, then overcast on Saturday, but clear and warm on Sunday. We were able to have a fun egg hunt out in the yard. The kids were out of school for spring break on Thursday and friday, so we went to PUrina Farms to see the baby animals and the dog shows. Then the kids ran through the sprinklers with some friends, and we did some crafts at home. On Friday we did a lot of house cleaning so we would be able to have an outing with Trevor on Saturday. We all went out to the Laumeier sculpture gardens for a lovely hike throught the woods and some fun looking at the interesting sculptures. Some we were able to appreciate more than others...sometimes I wonder what it is that classifies some of these pieces as "art". I could do the same thing, and no one would consider it any great piece of artwork. But others, were really interesting, and cool. Mostly it was just fun to walk throught the woods together. It was also free, which is always a bonus.
We also had a visit from the Easter bunny on Saturday, and dyed some Easter eggs. Trevor and I cleaned our carpets in the Evening. That's a big job that is nice to have behind us. WE wanted to do it before our family visits in a few weeks.
The BIG news on Saturday, was Sandi's telephone call announcing that she is pregnant! Yippee! I am so happy for my baby sister--a first baby is so fun, and they have been so excited waiting to find out if they are expecting. Babies are a blessing. I'm happy for my sister that she is embarking on the greatest adventure of parenthood.

Sunday, I went to conference with just Emily and Max because Sam threw up in the middle of the night. I played the flute with the choir, which turned out nice. Several of the talks were really good, and I felt the spirit quite strongly throughout the meeting, but the best part was just standing to sing the congregational hymns--I know that my Redeemer lives, and He is Risen. As we stood and sang together--everyone in attendance singing out with their whole hearts, I was so moved that I cried...true joy in sharing this moment of worship with my fellow saints. I felt truly that I loved the Lord so much, and felt so much gratitude to share the Easter Sunday with other Latter Day Saints.

We had our friends the Andrews family over for Easter dinner--French dip sandwiches with cheesy potatoes, green beans, and Nana's cherry cake for dessert. Yummy! We all ate too much! Now it's back to my diet! The kids were a lot of fun as they discovered the treasures in their Easter baskets and their Easter eggs in the hunt.
I love having small children to see the world throught their delightful perspective.
How fun!
It was truly a lovely Easter weekend.

No comments: