Friday, April 28, 2006

Garden oops/poops

So last weekend, while Trevor was gone, I decided I would surprise him by digging out sod to plant our garden. I diligently worked and sweated for probably a total of 6 hours over the next few days removing sod. Sure enough, he came home, and was surprised and happy that I had done the worst of the job of starting a garden. Well, the next day, Ginny was happily playing with her little friend (boy) from next door, and I decided I would just add a little bit more to the garden spot, so I started digging. It wasn't very long before I ran into a black cable...yikes! I panicked and remembered I probably should have had buried cables marked BEFORE I started digging. Anyway, I ran in the house, and called the power company, who referred me to Missouri one call, and started checking on this and that. They said they would send some people out to look at the situation. So I get off the phone, and look out the window to check on Ginny and her friend, and see they are both getting off the trampoline....but Ginny has removed her pants and underwear, and her friend is in the process of doing the same thing. I went running out there, hollering for everyone to please put their clothes back on by the time I get to the kids, they are in the sand box, and the little friend is actually spraying a fountain of urine in the air, and all over Ginny, who is laughing hysterically. Double yikes! I scooped up the clothes, to discover the reason why Ginny had removed her pants--she had pooped in them--ick! I managed to get her little friend dressed again, and hauled both kids in the house so I could give Ginny a bath. Good grief!
The garden issue was resolved today by inspection of the power company--it turned out to be an unused phone line. So, we can keep digging.

No comments: