Monday, March 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Max!

Max turns 8 today! Today after school, we are taking him and two friends to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate. I don't usually go places like that for birthdays, but since he really only has these two friends, I thought it wouldn't be two expensive, and also much easier than throwing a party at home. He's really excited. We had a small family celebration last night and let him open one of his presents and the cards from his grandparents. The present he opened was a set of scriptures from Tutu and Papasan. It is a really nice quad--Max appreciated the gold leafed edges and the marker tabs. I think Emily was a little jealous. He also scored $14 cash from Grandma Gladys and Grandpa Steve. He was really excited. We had popcorn and soda and watched a movie together. I think he had a good time. Max was especially excited to have the soda (caffeine free diet Pepsi).

Yesterday at church, when I led the closing hymn, Sam followed me up on the stand, which was okay until he started pulling on my sweater, and when I picked him up he tried to climb on the organ while he was trying to get me to tie his shoe. AAAHHHHH! Needless to say, I was mortified, but I guess the ward got their entertainment for the day.

Also yesterday at church I took Ginny into the bathroom to change a stinky diaper, and a friend walked in the bathroom. She greeted Ginny saying, "Hi Ginny how are you today?" Ginny promptly responded, "I pooped in my diaper!" Time to potty train! I'm working on that this week--not today since there is so much going on, but tomorrow definitely. Wish me luck!

No comments: