Monday, July 02, 2007

OH my heck!

Emily had a great time at girls camp this past week. I think she really got to know a lot of nice kids and had fun with the certifications and crafts, etc.
She said she wanted to come home the first night, but bravely stuck it out and ended up having lots of fun. She came home completely exhausted. Everyone knows these girls don't sleep at camp...then the evening they got home she also attended her first session of baptisms for the dead at the temple. She's really growing up!

Her comment after girls camp, "Mom, why does everyone here say "Oh my heck" all the time? My only response, "Welcome to Utah."

I played in the alumni band concert on the university quad last night. It was fun to reconnect with old musician friends. Always fun to hit the Stars and Stripes on piccolo. One of the fun things about being back in Logan is the musical connection. There will be more playing opportunities here. I've already had a lot of people ask me how many students I'm willing to take.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Good to have you back in Utah, Karen. It's so fun to read about you and your family on your blog. Hope things are going well as you're getting settled in!