Sunday, June 24, 2007

sabbath blessing

I think that since we have moved here, I have appreciated the Sabbath day more than at any other time in my life. When God says, six days shalt thou labor, and then to rest and keep the seventh holy, I believe that commandment is truly meant to restore our souls. I feel it deeply now as Trevor, and even the rest of us are working ourselves to a frenzy 6 days in the week to get the business up and running. Sunday is our only truly restorative rest to mind, soul and body.
I am especially grateful today for the blessing of old friends. I attended my dear friend Kristen's blessing of her newest baby boy and was really touched by the strength of old friendship. Trevor and I actually had a chance to talk with several of our old friends there. Isn't it lovely to have friends that really love you for who you are, even after all these years. They don't see the extra pounds and grey hair, but just me. Truly a blessing.
Trevor enjoyed playing in the alumni band concert this afternoon. We're taking turns. Next week I will play while he stays with the kids. I took the kids and met tutu and papasan at the concert. The kids were actually remarkably well-behaved, if a little impatient toward the end, and I enjoyed listening to the music.
We're looking at possibly putting the kids in a charter school. It is K-8, so all three kids could attend the same school. Also, they have a great arts program, advanced academic programs, and small classroom sizes. Emily was especially excited about it. She begs me every day to let them go there. I'm filling out applications and we'll see what happens.

No comments: