Wednesday, June 13, 2007

running races



Max has been practicing his running, and my Dad even found a family track meet for him to run in. Max ran in the 400 m, 50 m, and did the softball throw. He ended up taking 1st place in his heat in the 50 meters. I think he also had the 3rd best overall time. Pretty good for his first time out! Sam also got to run in an exhibition race for all kids 8 and under. He actually took 2nd place in his race, and the girl who beat him was obviously a couple of years older. He was thrilled. Today the kids wanted to practice running again, so we went down to the high school track and ran for fun for awhile. Ginny was pretty fast, too! Poor mom brings up the rear. I think I'll stick to walking. Max is going to work on running and maybe golf for a 4H project this summer. Emily is going to work on knitting with my friend Valerie who is an EXPERT. You should look at her blog! shoelessval.blogspot.com While you are there, you can donate to the virtual lemonade stand she is holding to raise money for children's cancer research and read about the miraculous recovery from cancer of her 2 year old daughter. They had a lemonade stand here in town last weekend, and I think they earned over a thousand dollars to support cancer research.

I've been home more this week. Emily, her cousin katie, and I finished up sorting all the pads and corks. We had to measure each individual pad with calipers, which let me tell you took hours, and hours, and hours of time. We finished today! Hallelujah! In other good news...my sister Sandi finished her masters' degree and is now a proud stay-at-home mom! Hard to believe little mannix is nearly 6 months old! She says he is almost crawling.

1 comment:

Allison Nelson said...

Good luck getting everything put together in your new home. I am so glad that you live closer now. :) I love reading about all your adventures.