Saturday, June 09, 2007

progress

A little progress. Trevor worked about 70 hours this week to get the first big high school order delivered. I myself worked about 40 hours with him, and his Dad and step mom worked with us diligently for 3 days. Nor can we forget the faithful souls who helped babysit so we could work so much this week...chiefly my diligent Emily, Tutu and Papasan, Raquel, my dad and Ann, my good friend Valerie, cousin Katie, and a couple of Emily's friends. We just feel so much gratitude it is impossible to thank everyone enough. It's like the scripture in Mosiah...when you thank the Lord for your blessings, he pours out more blessings, and you can never catch up! Anyway, this has been one of the hardest months of my life--trying on every level, and I've spent many nights in tears, but we are starting to see the light, and have been supported with time, prayers, and words of encouragement from family and friends near and far. Thank you!!!!! One night this week as I was crying my eyes out, I read in the Book of Mormon about how the Jaredites were being tossed on the waves of the sea, and their little boats would be sunk in the depths, but then be raised up, and through it all the stones provided light. That night I prayed for God to show me the light even as we surrendered ourselves to be tossed on the waves of the sea for awhile. I couldn't see it that night, but after thinking on it for a few days, I think the light is hope; the light is family; the light is friendship; and faith, which although mine seems lacking, is still at the foundations of who we are and what we hope for. I'm holding onto these things while we make this journey--hopefully to our own promised land.

No comments: