Thursday, January 11, 2007

Super Sam

Sam is in a superman phase right now that is really funny. We rented the old Christopher Reeves version of Superman a couple of weeks ago, and ever since then he's become a fanatic. When he watches the movie, he changes his clothes to match the character throughout the whole movie. Clark Kent outfit to Superman outfit. (Clark Kent outfit is his white shirt and jacket from church with Harry Potter glasses. Superman outfit is his fantastic 4 outfit with an S pinned on the front and a red cape. And boots. Boy, when I made that little red riding hood cape for Emily years ago I had no idea so much mileage it would get. ) He must change his clothes 30 times during the course of the movie. It's exhausting just to watch him. When Ginny and I play Barbies , Sam gets his superman doll to come and save the day. He puts on a little black chinese cap so he can have black hair like superman. But today was really the limit when he came to me and asked me to make him some blue eyes. I told him I thought it was okay for superman to have brown eyes, too, but he didn't agree, so soon he was busily engaged at the table coloring some blue eyes. Not sure how he is planning on wearing them.

1 comment:

Whacky Wheelers said...

That is too funny! We watched the old Superman movie too and Matthew loved it! We have been watching a lot of old movies and laughing so hard. We watched Herbie the Love Bug -- I didn't know Herbie had so many movies too; the Apple Dumpling Gang -- just to name a few. It's fun to go back and see what you grew up with.