Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ginny

The other day, Trevor and I were up late reading and fell asleep in the basement. At about 4:00 a.m. we wakened enough to decide to go upstairs to be where it was warmer and more comfortable. I guess the movement awakened Ginny, because when I arrived upstairs I found a smiling Ginny sitting upright in our bed. I asked her what she was doing, but she must have thought I asked who she was, because she announced with a grin, "Virginia Sharon Teuscher!" It was so funny that I had to laugh even at 4:00 a.m. Then, I got in bed, with Ginny still sleeping next to me. Now Ginny takes up a lot of room in a bed--she sprawls her legs and arms all over the place. So, when Trevor got into bed a minute later, it must have cramped her style. She complained, "Daddy, you're squishing me!" When informed that actually SHE was squishing US, she wisely kept quiet, and soon we were all asleep.

No comments: