Friday, January 12, 2007

Barbies

Ginny is in a real Barbie phase right now. A few days or so ago I made the mistake of sitting down to play Barbies with her for about an hour, and now she wants me to play dolls with her every waking hour. I don't mind for a little while, but my adult brain gets tired after a bit and I need to get on with other things. Stories, songs, a puzzle, game, playdough, anything.....but she just wants Barbie, barbie, barbie. It is kind of cute that she is in a great imaginative stage, and even Sam will come join the fun, but I'm feeling a little worn out. Maybe I should set a Barbie timer.....30 minutes and that's it!
Actually, this phase has been reminding me of Emily at a similar age, who also liked me to play Barbies with her. But Emily was very demanding... if you didn't hold the doll a certain way, she would stop and correct you. She would tell me what I was supposed to have the Barbies say and do. We didn't get any creative input at all--it had to be Emily in charge at all times. At least Ginny lets me come up with my own dialog.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Too bad we don't live closer so Ginny and Katy could get together to play Barbies. You guys should come down here for a visit to warm up it sounds like :0)