Tuesday, September 26, 2006

visit to Normal

At the last minute on Saturday, we ended up going with Trevor up to the Civil War band's concert in Illinois. It was close by Normal, so we visited some friends, and then I attended the Relief Society broadcast at church there. The best part was being able to visit with my friends from church there at the dinner that preceded the broadcast. It was a real boost, especially after being so stressed out lately. I love all those ladies so much. Their hugs were just what I needed! The broadcast was great too, and the theme of allowing Heavenly Father's love to be a part of your every day life was also exactly what I needed to hear.

On the way to the concert, we stopped for gas, and I took the kids in to use the bathroom. Well, I guess the car door blew shut, with the keys still inside. Bad luck and bad timing when we were already running late for Trevor's concert. We had to call a locksmith. Another $30. Bummer. But...we made it, even though we were late, and we did have a good time while we were up there.

Today was one of those really frustrating days as a mother. My kids spent practically all day in time out, and my blood pressure went steadily up and up. Which of course rubs off on the kids and starts the whole thing all over again. I had to call my sister for a little r and r inthe afternoon, after which I felt a little better. I have been deep cleaning for therapy. PUlling out all the kitchen appliances, rearranging cupboards, dusting ceiling fans, etc. Funny how you can do all that work, and the house doesn't look any better! At least it's clean UNDERNEATH!

No comments: