Saturday, September 30, 2006

Peace

I've been thinking recently about how happiness is a choice. MOstly because I've been pretty stressed out lately, and unfortunately, my inner turmoil has spilled out into my relationships with Trevor and the kids, etc. I know I've been really uptight and demanding. ON a particularly bad day as I felt things spiralling out of control--and everyone's tension levels going up and up, a little voice quietly said to me, "Happiness is a choice." I've heard this several times in conference, Relief Society lessons, etc. But that one line came back to me this week. Anyway, I've been thinking about the fact that I can still feel happy and peaceful even when outside circumstances are distressing. The only problem is....easier said than done. I do think that I've been calmer, and more patient and peaceful inside just thinking about the fact that I could choose to be happy, or not. And wouldn't you have to really be crazy to choose to be stressed out and depressed on purpose?

On another note...kids had good soccer games today. Max can run so FAST! He's down the field in a heartbeat. He plays hard, that's for sure--as evidence by the fact that he falls down at least 10 times as often as any other kid out there. Sam got to be the goalie today. Sam is SO determined, and a perfectionist like Emily. Any time a ball got past him, he was really upset by it. His coach and I kept telling him he was doing great--just to keep trying, but he got so frustrated. I wish he wouldn't be so hard on himself. Just like his big sister. Emily actually scored her first goal ever today. She played well on defense, too. When the ball went in the net, I saw her wipe away a few tears. I think it meant a lot to her to score a goal.

We came home and listened to conference, and then rented a movie to watch while Trevor went to the stake center for the priesthood session.

No comments: