Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend fun II






We went with Trevor this weekend to Keokuk Iowa, for a reenactment. Max loves to listen to his Dad in the band concerts, and of course he likes to look in the sutlers tents to add things to his civil war collection. Emily is a good sport about everything. We discovered she had grown out of her civil war dress this year, so we were lucky enough to find her several cute new dresses for very cheap with a sutler that sells used items, and is also going out of business. For example, we bought one dress for only $5!!!! Emily and Max felt too big to dance at the ball, unfortunately. But Sam and Ginny still danced with me. Sam and I did the "Patty Cake Polka" and Ginny and I followed along with several other traditional dances. I wish Trevor would danc e with me!!! On Sunday after the concert, we went to Nauvoo and watched the new Joseph Smith movie. I was teary through the whole thing. Ginny didn't have much patience for it, unfortunately, so we had to keep taking turns taking her out, but I really loved what I saw. Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God! Then on the way back to Pacific, we stopped by Hannibal Missouri and took a short walk by Mark Twain's house. We'll have to go back there sometime when things are open to take the tours. Still, what we saw was interesting.
Now that we are home, I'm desperately trying to get ready for company to come on Thursday evening! We are so excited for our grandparents to come and visit!

No comments: