Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Just so proud

I am so proud of Emily. I attended her 5th grade awards ceremony today--can't believe this is her last day of elementary school! How grown up she is now! Anyway, she was awarded highest honors in her class in 5 subjects--reading, language arts, science, social studies, and music. She was also given a certificate for being on the honor roll. What a dedicated student she is! Good for you, Emily!

We had kind of a roller coaster getting to school for the awards ceremony this morning. We spent a long time frantically looking for my keys, didn't find them, and finally had to get a ride to school from my angel neighbor, only to find out at school that the awards ceremony was at 10:00 , not 9:00, so my other neighbor was there to luckily give me a ride home, at which point we gave another diligent effort at finding the keys, and guess where they were....under Sam's bed! I think Ginny must have put them there. So, we did make it to the ceremony, but it was a crazy morning.
I also learned a lesson about prayer this morning. While I was so frustrated looking and looking for the keys, I kept praying for help, and I still couldn't find them. But I think our true need was to get the kids to school, and to get to the awards ceremony, and the Lord provided helpers by way of my lovely neighbors to take care of our needs. My one friend even said that she doesn't usually go in the school in the morning, but she just happened to do so today, and was there to see us when we needed a ride home. Answers to our prayers don't always come in the way that we wish they would, but the Lord still takes care of us!

No comments: