Monday, February 06, 2006

New calling

Yesterday at church they asked me to be the activity day leader. I"m really excited about it. Emily even thought it would be nice to have me as her leader, which made me feel good, since you never know with kids this age. Should be a lot of fun!
Also, the kids did great at their basketball games on Saturday! Max scored 8 points and it was only his 2nd game! Emily came to life and scored 10 points! She was really working together with her teammates, and having fun. She even stole the ball and scored on a fast break once! Good for her.
Trevor and I finished painting our living room/kitchen at about 1:00 a.m. sunday morning. Thank heavens. OUr bedroom is next, but it might be awhile.
I helped Emily sew a poodle skirt for her class Valentine party next Tuesday. It turned out really cute. She did a lot of the sewing and most of the cutting.
I've been having the kids practice the piano in the morning--their motivation being that if they practice in the morning, they don't have to ride the bus. It's been going better and making our evenings much less stressful. Both kids are now making progress in both piano and flute/trumpet.
Guess that's it for now.
Oh yeah, on Friday night Emily was supposed to sweep the floor after dinner and was not liking the prospect very much. She was whining and complaining, but I knew she was really serious when she said, "Mom, can't you just get it over with and ground me, and then you can sweep the floor?" I laughed, but she still swept the floor.
too funny.

1 comment:

Whacky Wheelers said...

Congrats on the new calling and WOW for sticking to your guns with Emily! We still miss you!