Wednesday, November 30, 2005

inspections

Well--the last big humps in the house process have been crossed today. We had inspections on both houses, and signed papers with the lender. Everything seems to be in place. I haven't got the results from the inspection here--but I did hear the inspector tell the buyer that there was nothing major wrong with structure or major systems--so if there are any repairs, they will be minor. The buyer was taking pictures and measuring for curtains after the inspection--so I'll take that as a good sign. At the new house, there was a shingle loose--and the inspector said the furnace should be serviced, but that was all, and the seller will take care of those things. So...I think we're in good shape. I'll feel better after we get the official reports, but I'm not expecting anything too drastic. The buyer did say they really liked the house because it was in a great neighborhood and had been obviously taken care of so well, so that was a nice compliment.
Trevor left today--he called from the hotel--I guess there's a nice little kitchen in his room with a few dishes, etc., toaster, full-sized fridge, stove, microwave, etc. We went shopping at Walmart last night for some easy-to-fix, but fairly nutritious groceries for him to take down with him. I'm praying for extra patience to get through the next month without him. At least he'll come home on weekends! Now I need to really start packing!
We did put up our christmas tree and some of the nativity sets and santa claus collection, but not too much. Still, it looks festive. Sam has asked me several times today if it was Christmas yet. Hard for a kid to understand that it is still several weeks away. Ginny keep pulling all the ornaments off the tree and rearranging the nativity sets. She's fascinated.

No comments: