Thursday, November 10, 2005

For Sale

Our house is finally up on the market. We finished most things up this weekend and signed the papers on Monday afternoon. So far we've have 5 people come through, which the realtor says is a good sign, but we'll see if anyone is seriously interested. When someone calls to come through, you pretty much just have to pack everything up and head out. Last night we ran out while I was in the middle of making dinner, which I was too exhausted to finish when we got home at 8:00 so we had cold cereal for dinner.
I praying so hard for the house to sell quickly. That would be such a blessing! But maybe we'll have to be patient on this one. I'm trying not to panic yet--after all the house has only been on the market for a few days.
The kids have been pretty good sports. Max and Emily are helping me to keep things clean, and Sam and Ginny have been fairly cheerful about spending lots of time at friends' houses so I can work on the house.
Once again, I have been blessed with many good friends who have helped me with cleaning, watching kids, laundry, and even dinner one night. It makes me sad to leave all these people we love.
We're going to St. Louis this weekend. We'll be trying to find Trevor a place to stay while we are in transition.
I think that will help us get more excited about things on the other end.

No comments: