Thursday, September 01, 2005

busy week

It's been a busy week--although not with my usual things. I was able to have some good visiting teaching visits. I also visited Suzanne M. who used to be one of the sisters I visit taught. She had a stroke awhile back and is not doing very well. Today I'm going to Peoria to visit Julie O. at the hospital. She's expecting triplets and is stuck in the hospital until their arrival--still many weeks away. It's actually been nice to not be so busy with my classes etc that I actually have time to do some of these other things. Yesterday was mado's birthday--so I baked some pumpkin bread and took it over to surprise her. I think she was pleased. Trevor and I have decided to go ahead and try to sponsor her sister and her fiance to come to the United States. I don't know if they'll approve it, because it's not like we have the greatest financial resources, but we can at least try.
So, I'm trying to get the paperwork done for that.
There was a terrible Hurricane (Katrina) in New Orleans--much of the city is under 20 feet of water! Oil reserves are affected, so the gas prices now are appalling! over $3.00 per gallon! Trevor rode his bike to work today, and I even used bikes last night to return videos and take Mado her birthday treat. Max came with me on the bike ride and did really well. Sam rode behind in the bike trailer.
Emily had her friends over after school yesterday for a book club. Reminds me of the book club I had with my friends when I was about her age. She's a lot like me. They talked about books, ate oreo cookies, and then jumped on the trampoline. Emily's always got grand ideas.
Ginny is talking so much!
New phrases--"Here it is!" "Come in!" "I want some." "Cup please." She's become a little parrot--echoing what everybody says. It's funny how kids start talking just all of a sudden. She also looks more grown up because her hair is getting longer and we can put it in pony tails, etc. She also loves to put on "make-up" when mommy gets ready in the morning. Girls are so different than boys!

No comments: