Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Emily

I've written something about each of the other kids, so I'll take a moment to comment on Emily. I know she has just barely stepped into the teenage years, but truly, she is a lovely teenager. I've been waiting for the storm to begin, but so far so good. Don't get me wrong, we all have our moments of grumpiness (hers are mostly hair-related), but I am feeling grateful to have such a thoughtful, responsible, and generally kind-hearted daughter. (Can you hear me knocking on wood even as I am typing this?) I watched her play on the floor with Ginny and her new birthday toys last week--lovely. She will frequently tuck her little sister into bed, or read to Sam and Ginny. Her teachers all rave about how responsible she is, and her friends' parents all tell me that Emily is just the best, and most creative and fun friend. She is even starting to do her chores without complaining. So far, I think thirteen is pretty great. Of course, fourteen is coming, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: