Sunday, May 20, 2007

turmoil

We are officially in chaos! We had a yard sale yesterday. Always have to wonder if they are really worth all the extra work. Emily helped me a lot--stayed up late to help me do the pricing, and then manned the money all morning out in the sun. We made $100--maybe $130 if the people who were interested in the entertainment center call back.
Max had his cub scout pack meeting last night and earned a bead toward his Bear award. The kids had fun playing at the Cluff family's acreage. Max and Sam went zipping down this giant hill on their bikes with absolutely no fear. Br. Daniel showed the boys a frozen copperhead snake that he had killed. The point was to show them what to stay away from and he tied it into a scripture lesson. But then, he skinned the thing, and they iced the snake meat to serve at the next Boy scout dinner. Ugh!

Trevor is so swamped. I wish I could help him more. Meanwhile, in less than a week we'll be leaving. I'm working hard on the packing now. The kids are out of school on Thursday. We pick up Trevor from the airport that evening. I'm praying that all will go well with house sale, etc.

Ginny's quote of the day...."Mom, my toot-thingy won't stop tooting!" Makes me wonder what she ate yesterday!

1 comment:

Whacky Wheelers said...

My heart goes out to you!! I should be there helping you to pack! I'm glad Trevor is coming back!

The snake thing -- grosssssss! Especially skinning it to have it for dinner ---- yuk!!!

We miss you guys! Matthew keeps talking about Sam and Max to his friends.