Thursday, October 06, 2005

This and that

We're getting ready to do our roof. I got the building permit yesterday, so I guess we're committed. Sister Ruch is going to help us with ordering the materials through her contracting business, which will save us some money. I checked out some books from the library, so we could study up on how to do it. Yikes! I'm afraid we're getting in over our heads (literally), but I guess we'll just go for it and hope for the best! We'll have to have it inspected by the city when we're done, too, so I hope we'll do it right!
My classes started this week--I have two good-sized classes on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Nice kids and fairly participatory parents. Should be a good session.
I don't know why, but I just don't seem to be able to stick to my diet these days. I need to quit having "just one more treat" and get back to getting up early in the morning to exercise. I don't want to gain back all that I lost last year.
This weekend we're going to Princeton for a re-enactment. The kids can't wait. Max especially. Tomorrow the kids are out of school, so I think we are going to go to Funks grove to wander the nature trails and play at the nature center. Should be nice weather.
I had a really nice birthday on Tuesday. The kids brought me breakfast in bed, and Trevor had made me a card which he left on my dresser for me to find first thing in the morning. There was a package in the mail from Tutu and Papasan, and a card from a friend. Wendy came by later with a birthday card and a chocolate treat, my dad and nancy called to sing to me, and we made my favorite Hawaiian ice cream for dessert. Very nice birthday. 35! Yikes!

No comments: