Monday, October 24, 2005

Moving!

Well, it's official. We're moving. I think I'm getting excited, although I definitely have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I just love so many things about living in Bloomington/Normal--it will be so hard to leave! I am so attached to our ward family. So many good friends. So many people have been so kind to us during the seven years we have lived here. It's hard to live so far away from our famlies, but our ward has really become our family. On Sunday during church, I was so sad thinking about leaving all of these people that we love so much. It's hard for the kids to leave their friends--and the things that are so familiar--Oakdale school, our neighborhood, dance, preschool, Tae Kwon Do, etc. I have such a good situation with my music classes and lessons here--and it will take me time to work out things in my own career in a new area. I'll particularly miss the fun children's music classes that I teach at Parks and Rec. I've really got a good situation there--I don't know if I'll ever be able to find something as good again. I guess we'll see. To say nothing about leaving our cute house! I love this house! I've had two sweet babies here--and we've really worked hard to make this place cute--lots of painting, repairs, putting in new flooring, the ROOF! remodeling bathrooms, etc. I'm very attached to the house, and now we have to get it up for sale right away. I'm very stressed out thinking about all things I have to do immediately in order to get the house on the market as soon as possible. Trevor has agreed to start on December 1st. The plan is for Trevor to go to St. Louis then, but I'll stay here with the kids until the house sells. It will be hard, so I hope the house will sell quickly.
I have all these worries, but Trevor is really, really excited. The job will be interesting and challenging for him--combining instrument repair with computer work. A nice change--and a little higher pay as well. I really do feel good about it. I fell like Heavenly Father has blessed our family in so many ways recently. I'm just going to have to take things one day at a time during this stressful transitional time.

No comments: