Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spring Break

We're relaxing a little during our spring break. Whew! What a relief! It is nice to take some time off--although my school kids were not impressed when I told them my spring break plans were to to laundry and taxes... But, as an adult, sometimes I think it is more fun to catch up on things than to "play", just because it feels so good to get things accomplished that I am usually behind on. I cleaned my fridge yesterday! Laundry today... the kids are having fun playing with their friends. I did actually sit down in the middle of the afternoon yesterday and watch a movie. Can you imagine? A movie in the middle of the afternoon!
Loved general conference this weekend. There were lots of messages on families and parenting that were just what I needed. We had a really nice Easter. Ginny didn't let us forget any of the family traditions. She reminded me every 15 minutes all day on Saturday that we were going to dye eggs after conference. Then, lots of reminders on Sunday that we were going to have an Easter Egg hunt right after conference. She keeps us hopping! The kids had fun finding their Easter baskets on Sunday morning. We had to give Ginny and Sam a few seconds head start on the egg hunts since Max is so fast.
The kids are getting ready to start soccer, and then later, baseball. This is a busy sports time of year. I like it, though, because it is good exercise and fresh air for them. We'll be busy with all of those games. Ginny is going to play soccer for the first time this year. She has a ballet recital coming up, too. The boys are already playing catch in the yard, as their true love is baseball. They like soccer, too, but it is baseball that they dream about.
I'll have to see if I have any pictures to post later this week.

1 comment:

bookmom said...

Glad you had a nice break--with a movie!