Friday, May 23, 2008

New job!

Haven't had anything interesting to report in quite awhile. But today, I got a job offer to be the band director at Thomas Edison Charter School, which is the school my kids have been attending. I'm really excited about it. I have a meeting with the principal on Tuesday to hammer out the details of the contract.

Sam graduated from kindergarten today with a cute ceremony. The kids sang patriotic songs and recited poetry, and they gave out certificates and awards. Sam was given an award for the most improved boy. The best part for the kids was the cotton candy at the end.

Max finished the 4th grade with his best report card ever, and Emily coasted through the finish of 7th grade in style with plenty of A's on her report card as well.
I think we'll try to relax and have fun next week, and then I'm ready to start 4H and summer reading programs, etc. I'm taking some workshops and teaching this summer,too so it'll be pretty busy.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow Karen, that's so cool! Good for you. I bet you'll love it!

Julie S said...

Congrats on the job offer. You have so many talents, you always get opportunities wherever you go. Julie Steinberg

Whacky Wheelers said...

It's good to see an entry on your blog! I was almost ready to call you to find out how things are going. Keep us posted on what is going on with you guys!