Thursday, February 15, 2007

Stuck!

Last night I went to take the boys to Summit Archery. Max had been begging me to take them for weeks--ever since their last 4H meeting. So I promised him that if he would clean his room, I would take him after dinner. Sam, of course, wanted to come too, so we had a little mother/son evening. The people there were really nice and helped the boys, especially Sam to get the right release technique, etc. We had a great time, but when we left to go home, as I was backing out of the parking lot, I inadvertently almost went into a ditch. When I say almost, I mean that I actually had the right rear tire hanging in midair. When I got out of the van to see why I couldn't go anywhere, and saw our predicament, I told the boys to immediately get out of the van, and we went back inside to ask for help. The owner who had been so nice to us went out to look at the situation, and then came back and enlisted the whole archery club to come out and boost our van out. So all these burly country boys come pouring out of the archery center, put some muscle behind my van, and sure enough, push us out! Angels in archery! I need to write them a thank you note.

We have big things brewing for our family....can't talk about it yet, but my insides are bursting with both excitement and anxiety.

the kids have been out of school the past two days for snow. That makes 6 snow days this year! I think they'll have to extend the school year now, as they only had 5 days built into the schedule. They are back today, which means I have to go to school this afternoon to run Max's class valentine party.

The past two Wednesdays I went to Max's school to tell stories, and help the kids tell some stories of their own. I told a coyote Ute indian story, a couple of humorous stories, our famous newspaper Jack in the Beanstalk, the myth of the Pan flute, and a couple of stories from my childhood. I showed the kids how to make a beanstalk out of newspaper, and we made little pan flutes out of straws. Then the kids took turns telling stories about their own lives to partners. It turned out really well. Maybe someday, I'll try to do this as a business. I had a good time doing it.

Guess that's all for now!

No comments: