Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Activity Days

Had the activity day girls over to my house today from 10 to 3. Sister Davis came and helped the girls learn to use the sewing machine, and they each made a pillow. I taught them to make the little origami books, and we all made peach jam together in the afternoon. They had a little time to just talk together and hang out, too, which they always like. I think it was a pretty successful day. The jam turned out yummy, and was soooo easy! I'm going to get some more peaches and make some just for us.
Yesterday we went to the pool again and met our neighbors and the Andrews family. Kids had fun splashing. The pool feels really good on these hot days.

We have a pet toad now. Max found him at the Nelson's house. We bought a terarium (sp?)for him, and crickets from the pet store. Never, ever, thought I would be buying a dozen crickets! Max is thrilled with him--and first named him George, but has now changed the name to Trevor. (not sure why the toad is named after his Dad...) For Max's sake, I hope the toad will live.

No comments: